Notes on Source Code
The original version of UncleGED was written in VB6 and around release 7 it was first ported to VB.NET and then to C#. The current source code is contained in a Visual Studio 2008 solution and contains seven projects, five of which are written in C#, one VB.NET
project, and the deployment (installer) project.
The projects are as follows....
- ugedlib - UncleGED Class Library - this is the main workhorse and contains all of the code for processing the GEDCOM data and producing the HTML files. This is a C# project.
- ugvbtools - Uncle Ged Tools Library - contains functions written VB.NET that used by both the UncleGED Class Library and the UncleGED GUI.
- UncleGED - UncleGED user interface and project manager. This is a C# Windows Forms project.
- uged - Command-line version of UncleGED. This is a C# console project.
- rssutilities - this is third-party class library for generating RSS feeds. This was obtained from CodeProject and holds a MIT open-source license.
- date_est_test - a command-line tool used for testing the date estimation feature.
- Uncle Ged - the deployment project for UncleGED
The solution is maintain with Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition, but can be built with Visual Studio 2008 C# Express Edition. Two exceptions are the VB.NET and deployment projects which can not be opened with the C# Express Edition.